Tuesday, July 6, 2010

It’s a miracle…

…that I don’t walk around in circles all day!  I met a personal trainer/massage therapist the other day at a party and talked to her a little bit about my hip.  She poked me in one spot and asked if it hurt. “Yep.”  Poked me in another spot and asked if it hurt. “Yep.” Poked both hips at the same time, made me sit on the floor and let my legs flop to the sides, “Well, your right leg is about 1/2 an inch longer than the other.”  Interesting. I read more about it when I got home and it turns out my gluteus medius is getting trigger points…little spots that hurt a lot…because of my long leg my pelvis tilts when I run and puts unnecessary pressure on my hip. It also screws up the alignment of that whole side of my body.  I need to go to a chiropractor.  I need to strengthen my ab/lower back muscles to reduce my pelvic tilt. I need to stretch and apply heat to my trigger points. I need to go to a sports medicine doctor and confirm this diagnosis as she made sure to say “This isn’t a diagnosis. Just an informed guess.”  Anyway, like I said, it’s a miracle I don’t walk around in circles all day.  Kyle keeps joking that if I go to the doctor they’ll just pull on my other leg. :-P

No comments:

Post a Comment