Tuesday, November 9, 2010

Accepting the Highs and Lows

When I realized it has been almost 2 years since I started this all I got kind of upset.  I’m still not at my goal weight.  In fact, my weight hasn’t budged in months…I guess I’ve been kind of lazy and I’ve been cheating on the food front as well, but still.  I get frustrated.  It is so difficult to maintain motivation ALL THE TIME.  I don’t think you should have to either.  I think it is reasonable to eat what you want sometimes, skip a workout now and then, or just have a lazy day when you need it.  With that said, it is the “sometimes”, “now and then”, and “when you need it” that are the key words there.  Everything in moderation is key…I guess if I can remember that, try my best to keep my focus, use my motivators (friends, family, blogging, training, trying new things, looking back at how I used to be…) and also let go every now and then I can get to where I want to be.  I really want to hit my goal weight so that my focus is not losing weight, but living a balanced and healthy lifestyle…

So I except the highs and lows and appreciate the process of learning myself and what my body and mind need to get to where I want to be.  I am renewing my commitment to myself to live a life I’m proud of in a body I’ve worked hard to keep healthy, and with a positive self image despite temporary setbacks.

No comments:

Post a Comment