Friday, June 25, 2010

13 hours and counting

We just got back from the Health and Fitness Expo where we picked up our race packets…t-shirts, numbers, and a few little goodies.  We’ve got our magic beans (“Sports Beans”…basically jelly bellies with caffeine and carbs and electrolytes) and a little belt that is basically a mini-fanny pack.  We’re ready to geek it up and run in our dri-fit tees, timing chips attached to our shoes, sports watch (not the Garmin I really want, but a cute little Ironman that will do just fine)…the only thing I wanted and forgot to get was a visor which would have upped my geek factor by about 29%.  Oh well, I’ve prepared the best I can considering my injury.  I feel mentally ready.  I’m pretty worried about my hip holding up, but at this point I know it will be a mental battle.  And I’m ready for that.  Tomorrow morning we will leave the house at 5am after a piece of toast with peanut butter and a banana.  We’ll drive to Qwest Field and park there, take a shuttle to the starting line and wait for corral 28 to get the “On your marks, get set, GO!” command.  I imagine that moment will be slightly anti-climactic as our speed will be about that of a snail with a little caffeine in his system…but then we’ll be off.  13.1 miles ahead of us.  A ton of training behind us.  The FINISH LINE ahead of us.  I may never run again in my life after I meet this goal.  I’m kidding…I think.  :) 

No comments:

Post a Comment