Tuesday, June 22, 2010

3 days and counting…

So the Seattle Rock ‘n Roll 1/2 Marathon I’ve been training for for months is just 3 days away………I’m so nervous. My “hipitis” (as my sister calls it) is acting up again. I took almost a full month off of running to try to get it back to good (hence the lack of posts).  Yesterday I attempted a 7 mile run (my last long-ish run before the 1/2) and I ended up cutting the last mile out because it was starting to hurt.  I have never wanted to punch a wall in my life until I felt that twinge in my hip.  It is so so frustrating when your mind is working harder than your body to do something your body should be able to do on its own. 

I keep thinking I don’t care how I finish, as long as I finish running.  I don’t care about time. I don’t care about position. I don’t care if my face is red or purple or blue. I just want to finish this damn thing.  I’m sorry this post is boring. I am currenly sitting on an ice pack and the frozen booty is distracting me from what I’m writing.  Anyway, wish me luck.  I’m sure I’ll post more between now and Saturday.

1 comment: