Thursday, July 8, 2010

It’s Official!

I’m all signed up for the Run Like Hell 1/2 Marathon in Portland…October 24th.  When I signed up for the Rock ‘n’ Roll I told myself I would probably never run another one after that one.  When I was getting up at 4:30am on the day of the race I told myself I would never run another one.  When I was at mile 10 I told myself I was insane and I would definitely never run another one.  When I was at mile 13 I told myself that this was officially the dumbest idea I’d ever had and I would never EVER EVER do another one.  Even at the finish line when I was drinking my free beer and inhaling a free granola bar I told myself that it hurt too much and was a bad idea and that I would never do another one…3 hours later I was thinking, “Well, it was kinda fun…” and now just a week and a half later, I’m all signed up for my next one.  Do two half marathons equal a full one? What the heck am I thinking?!  Kyle and I are both running this one, but are running it separately.  Anyone have any suggestions for good audio books?  I will have to keep myself distracted somehow!  I now know from experience, 13.1 miles is a really long ass way!!!!!!!!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment