Sunday, July 25, 2010

Motivation: Take 11.

So the half is over. Now what? I really want to do a triathlon in September, but I have no bike.  I re-enrolled at LA Fitness and have taken one spin class and swam once.  I’m looking for a cheap bike to get me through one triathlon.  If I like it I’ll buy a better bike…That’s a start I suppose.  I also signed up for another half in October in Portland.  I think I’m in denial about that one.  Really since the Rock ‘n’ Roll I’ve had NO motivation.  So here’s the question.  How do you motivate yourself on a daily basis when you don’t have a giant goal you’re working towards?  How do you keep yourself focused when your goal is so far out?  How do you push through your low moments when there’s no one there to help push you?  My past solutions included…

Getting on the scale -  Yeah…No.  That motivates me straight into depression and eating an entire package of Double Stuff Oreos. 

Making a new training plan – Usually this one works pretty well for me.  I’m such a “list-er” that making a calendar and scheduling stuff out really floats my boat.  But for some reason this time it’s not working.

Talking about working out/eating right/etc. with friends who are working on the same thing – So one of my best friends just finished a marathon.  Seattle is FULL of people who are ridiculously in shape and beautiful.  Lately talking to friends about this stuff just makes me feel like I’m slacking.

So this is a real question I’m posing to the few of you who read this.  How do YOU motivate?!

2 comments:

  1. Well, I started listening to a new podcast about marathons. And alex and I just signed up for a gym membership. And I got some new gear. And I found new trails over the past week. I guess I need lots of motivation :-)

    ReplyDelete