Sunday, November 18, 2012

Goin', goin', back to, back to....

The track at Roosevelt High school is completely unlit. At first it was hard to see my own hand in front of my face, let alone find our team. Some other team was practicing there too...they were really fast, really runners, slightly intimidating. But that's the thing about Team in Training...no matter how intimidated I feel at any practice, within a few minutes I'm comfortable and having fun. Our first track practice on Wednesday was a blast! It took me straight back to my high school track days -- conditioning, strides, concentrating on form...Oh how I miss sprinting!! It was easy to find someone (actually two someones)who are the same pace as me and we settled in comfortably, chatting all the way, for our half hour run. We also did the agility ladder and lots of strides and core work. I know how silly it sounds to say this stuff was fun, but it was! And honestly, I can't remember the last time I ran for 30 minutes without stopping. So far so good!

No comments:

Post a Comment